Table of Contents (click to expand)
Places a channel "on hold" in the switch, instead of in the phone.
Parking a call does NOT supply music on hold or any other media.
Park is quite literally a way to put a call in limbo until you
- bridge it (with mod_dptools: bridge or
- transfer it (via mod_dptools: transfer or
Allows for a number of different options, including:
- Set caller in a place where the channel won't be hung up on while waiting for someone to talk to.
- Generic "hold" mechanism until you can connect it to the right person.
Please note that to retrieve a call that has been "parked", you'll have to bridge to them or transfer the call to a valid location.
TODO Couldn't find any instructions how to do that, so probably via the channel's UUID?
1.1 From the Dialplan
Note that the park application takes no arguments, so the data attribute can be omitted in the definition.
2. See Also
- mod_valet_parking - Park calls with a "slot number" which can later be retrieved by that number.
- Park & Retrieve