Click here to expand Table of Contents
Pause-dialing from an iPhone to a FreeSWITCH directory
The iPhone comes with a nice feature for automating navigation of a closed FreeSWITCH dialplan, or even open systems which you might use regularly (DISA, for example).
Pauses may be entered into any Contact entry phone number field.
- Select a Contact, or create a new one
- Select "Edit" from the top-right corner
- Select the "add new phone" option
- Enter the phone number or extension to your FreeSWITCH inbound dialplan
- Press the button in the lower-left corner identified by "+*#"Select "pause" in the lower-centre of the keypad.
The first "pause" entry will add a space and comma (,) to the number. This will cause the iPhone to dial any digits which follow this pause exactly 2 seconds after the remote line picks up. I use this, for example, to escape to my DISA dialplan script, and after another pause, dial my DISA login and password.
The automated DTMF tones generated by the iPhone following a pause are quite long at 1 second each, so ensure your dialplan contains appropriate time to key in selections and extensions.
If you know how to lower this delay, please update this wiki page! --ver